Macquarie Fields High School

Loyalty, Sincerity, Generosity

Telephone02 9605 3111

P&C Minutes July 2021


July 19, 2021. 




6.30 PM


Via Zoom (38 participants)


As above.


Karyn O'Brien

  • Disappointed that school could not celebrate NAIDOC week; an artwork competition is being organised.
  • Subject selection interviews for Year 10 students were held during Week 10; about 40 students who missed completing the interview are being followed up with support completing subject selection.
  • New Student Support Officer Henry Yoo has recently joined the School.
  • With new operator for the school canteen starting recently, school bid a farewell to School Canteen staff Susan (over 17 years) and Shirley. Updated Menu from the new operator of the canteen will be published on the school website.
  • During the last week of Term 2, lettuce that was grown in the school was distributed to a community pantry.
  • The school chess team achieved good results
  • Unfortunately there were no takers for the Share our Space Program during the winter school holiday 
  • The education department has advised that only children whose parents are essential workers are to be sent to school.
  • Access to school premises for year 12 students to complete their projects has been paused due to the recent COVID-19 situation.
  • NESA is expected to make a decision soon on Year 12 exams keeping in mind the welfare and best interest of the students
  • All Year 7-11 assessments have been put on pause and teachers are asked to use formative assessment where appropriate.
  • Based on the feedback received from a student survey, additional assistance will be provided to help students who have difficulty in managing online learning.
  • Semester awards cancelled; certificates along with the letter appreciation have been posted.
  • Year 10 Expo will be done online.
  • All school Parent Teacher meeting has been paused.
  • Year 7-12 Parent Teacher meetings will be conducted over phone. Parents are required to email the school ( with details of the child, name of the teacher with whom they want to discuss, specific question along with a phone number. The teacher will phone the parent to provide a feedback during normal school hours.
  • Katherine Hannaford advised that the improved parent portal from Sentral is undergoing testing and parents will be notified when the portal is ready for community use.
  • Latest news available on the school website


Balance -ANZ Bank Balance $ 79,485.03 (as of July 21).


  1. Lowes: With regards to zip feature that was not previously incorporated in the uniform, Heather advised that no further update has been received from Lowes. It was noted that as the uniforms are generally coming from overseas, it could take some time for any new requirement to be incorporated. Action(Open): Lowes/ school to advise when rectified and in stock.
  2. Opening the school gate on the Wattle Avenue: School’s Business Manager has approached the council and awaiting a response. Action (Open).
  3. Lockers: Lockers for children are not currently available. The discussion took place on availability of suitable space to hold lockers, WH&S aspects and management of the asset (e.g. loss of keys, replacement, repair). Justin to table this issue at the school’s WH&S committee on 29 July 21 and advise P&C whether there is a space available to put the lockers. Action(Open)
  4. Zoom account: As agreed at the June 21 P&C, Anna has paid $125 towards a discounted subscription fee for the P&C Zoom account (through P&C Federation). P&C thanked Anna for taking the initiative. A cheque will be issued to Anna to reimburse expenses ($125). Action (Open- until we receive the account details and Anna is paid)
  5. P&C Affiliate account has been created, but there are issues with accessing the email. Action (Open- until the issues are resolved)
  6. NSW P&C Federation Information Session will be held on 20 July 21 at 6.30 PM via Zoom. Katherine will publish the Zoom details on the school platform. Additional information about P&C becoming a “Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC) member” will be provided at this session. Action (Open- will be closed after the session is completed).


Not discussed (and mail not collected due to COVID 19 restrictions)


Email to P&C Federation for requesting premium notice for annual membership and insurance fee to be emailed.


  • Year 7 Camp will not go ahead as previously scheduled. A decision will be made whether to reschedule the camp in coming months. If the camp is cancelled, parents can opt to utilise the money paid to other future fees.
  • No decision has been made about Year 11 exams and any decision will be communicated to students via Google Class room.
  • The Sentral portal will not publish results of any assessment task; it will have student absences, calendar events.
  • Feedback on an assessment task will be provided to students only. Parents can ask for feedback via email or can be raised at the parent teacher meeting.
  • P&C Federation and insurance fee will be due on 1st August 21. P&C Secretary has approached Andrew’s to send the premium notice. P&C authorised the President and the Treasurer to issue a cheque for this purpose. (New Action Item).
  • The school is not taking part in this year’s International Competitions and Assessments for Schools (ICAS) tests.
  •  NAPLAN result timetable is available on the NAP website  
  • Troy will host 40 years’ celebrations planning meeting on line.
  • Justin advised that 5 new air-conditioners were installed in the maths class rooms (upstairs).
  • Shade Sail Community Building Partnership 2021 application; outcome expected to be announced later this year (New Action Item to provide any updates).
  • School received a $29000 grant from Ingleburn RSL for ANZAC Café on Harold.

Meeting Closed: 

7.13 PM

Next Meeting: 

Monday August 16, 2021. 6:30PM